We're Hiring Teachers!
El Sistema Oklahoma (ESO) has a mission of spreading joy and hope through music. Do you believe in the power of teachers to deeply impact the lives of their students? Do you like to work hard every day at something that makes a difference to a child and their family? If so, teaching at El Sistema Oklahoma may be for you!
El Sistema Oklahoma meets Monday through Friday from 4pm-6:15pm. Positions at ESO are flexible and pay rates respect the professional nature of our faculty members. We have full-time (Monday-Friday 4pm-6:15pm), part-time and substitute positions available.
We have current priority openings for the following faculty:
- Music Fundamentals (best suited for elementary and secondary general music backgrounds)
- High Strings Teaching Assistant
- Low Strings Teaching Assistant
- Woodwinds Teaching Assistant
- Brass Teaching Assistant
- Music Fundamentals Teaching Assistant
- Modern Band Teachers
See these kids? They could be
calling YOU their teacher!
We are always looking for great substitutes to add to our list in all strings, woodwinds, brass, percussion and general music.
To be a great fit for our team, you should:
- Have a heart for working with youth. Our youth are 3rd-12th grade.
- Be student-focused! We teach children…we use music as our tool.
- Play an orchestral instrument or have a background in K-12 general music/vocal music. You do not have to have a music education/music degree or teaching credential—experience is helpful but not required.
- Exhibit excellent performance skill on your primary instrument/area.
- Be a learner.
- Be flexible and not stuck to maintaining the status quo.
- Enjoy working on a high-functioning team. We work at warp-speed and count on our teachers to engage fully in our work, with each other and with our children.
- Execute the glamorous tasks (concerts) and not-s0-glamorous tasks (moving chairs) with the equal amounts of enthusiasm and pride.
- Be organized and able to manage competing priorities and tasks. ESO teachers are top-professionals who manage amazing professional careers in addition to serving our children. This requires organization, communication and planning.
To Apply: CLICK HERE to begin your teacher application. You will need to complete your application all at once and will not be able to return to the form.
You MUST provide the following additional information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
1) Your resume/CV including a reference with contact information.
2) A 3-5 minute performance video and/or teaching video on your primary instrument (if applying for an instrumental position) or a demonstration lesson (if applying in general music). Repertoire and/or subject matter are at the discretion of the applicant but should be sufficient in scope for the panel to assess your musical and technical skill.
Your application is not complete and will not be considered if you do not complete the online application, submit your resume/CV with a reference, and your video.